1.02.2012

Joy

My word for the new year is Joy.  I struggle with maintaining a positive attitude, especially lately.  My focus has been on negative things and I have neglected living joyfully - grateful for the many blessings that I have.  This year I want to focus on the positive.  Living joyfully.
***

"But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee."
-- Psalm 5:10-12

"When I dwell on the goodness God has expressed towards me, my heart rises up like an artesian well, my eyes gush forth joy that waters my face and leaves the observer in wonder."
-- Gary Amirault

"If we try hard to bring happiness to others, we cannot stop it from coming to us also. To get joy, we must give it, and to keep joy, we must scatter it."
--John Templeton

"Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day."
-- Henri Nouwen

"Service which is rendered without joy helps neither the servant nor the served. But all other pleasures and possessions pale into nothingness before service which is rendered in a spirit of joy."
-- Mohandas Gandhi

"Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls."
-- Mother Teresa

"There is something terribly morbid in the modern sympathy with pain. One should sympathise with the colour, the beauty, the joy of life. The less said about life's sores the better."
-- Oscar Wilde

"There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward."
-- Khalil Gibran

"If my world were to cave in tomorrow, I would look back on all the pleasures, excitements and worthwhilenesses I have been lucky enough to have had. Not the sadness, not my miscarriages or my father leaving home, but the joy of everything else. It will have been enough."
-- Audrey Hepburn

"Whoever renders service to many puts himself in line for greatness - great wealth, great return, great satisfaction, great reputation, and great joy."
-- Jim Rohn

"Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough."
-- Emily Dickinson

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are."
-- Marianne Williamson

"...joy runs deeper than despair."
-- Corrie ten Boom

"To have joy one must share it. Happiness was born a twin."
-- Lord Byron

"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy."
-- Thich Nhat Hanh

"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge".
-- Albert Einstein

No comments: