12.26.2005

Five From My Playlist - 12/26/2005

I am a music-aholic. I got an MP3 player for Christmas, and I am in paradise downloading music like crazy and copying over all my CDs. I decided to periodically post a list of 5 songs that I really enjoy, so that I can share my findings. So here goes...

1) "Remember When It Rained" - Josh Groban. Oh how I love this song. It gives me chills every time I hear it, especially the piano spotlight towards the end.


2) "Alpha and Omega" - The Gaither Vocal Band. I could listen to David Phelps sing anything. His descant part in this song is awesome.


3) "The Prettiest Flowers" - Sonya Isaacs. Sonya's strong soprano makes this hauntingly beautiful song especially moving.


4) "Habanera" - Charlotte Church. Love this song, and this is a spectacular arrangement of it.


5) "Your Song" - Ewan McGregor. I like Elton John's original version, but there is something about this one from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack that I particularly love. Maybe it's the orchestra and fabulous backup singing.

No comments: