Grace is turning four today!
In honor of her birthday, I want to share with you some of her favorite books. As we have shared, we believe reading to children is tremendously important.
1. The Jesus Calling Bible Storybook by Sarah Young
2. I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen
3. Wherever You Are (My Love Will Find You) by Nancy Tillman
4. Iggy Peck, Architect by Andrea Beaty & David Roberts
5. Stuck by Oliver Jeffers
6. Extra Yarn by Mac Barnett & Jon Klassen
7. Giraffes Can't Dance by Giles Andreae & Guy Parker-Rees
8. Three Little Pigs by Golden Books
9. Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina
10. Harold & the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
My word for the new year is Agape. I have learned over the past couple years more and more that love is a choice. It is not a feeling and it is not always easy. Agape is a selfless love. It is unconditional. It is sacrificial. It means commitment. It is beyond emotions, reaching deeper into the heart. God showed us the ultimate form of love embodied in Christ. My goal this year is to demonstrate this kind of love.
-- John 13:34
"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God."
-- 1 John 4:7
“I'm a little pencil in the hand of a writing God, who is sending a love letter to the world.”
-- Mother Teresa
“The only way love can last a lifetime is if it's unconditional. The truth is this: love is not determined by the one being loved but rather by the one choosing to love.”
-- Stephen Kendrick, The Love Dare
"For one human being to love another: that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks, the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation."
-- Rainer Maria Rilke
"The greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance."
-- Brian Tracy
"I do not have to care for her . . . I get to."
-- Robertson McQuilkin, on caring for his wife upon onset of Alzheimer's disease
Releasing this month:
- Bradley, Alan - Speaking from Among the Bones (Flavia de Luce, Book 7). (1/29)
- Clark, Mary Jane - Footprints in the Sand (Piper Donovan, Book 3). (1/8)
- Cornwell, Bernard - 1356. (1/8)
- Crais, Robert - Suspect. (1/15)
- Evanovich, Janet - The Husband List. (1/8)
- Hoag, Tami - The 9th Girl. (1/15)
- Hunter, Stephen - The Third Bullet (Bob Lee Swagger, Book 8). (1/8)
- Grippando, James - Blood Money (Jack Swyteck, Book 10). (1/8)
- James, PD - Death Comes to Pemberley. (1/1)
- Koontz, Dean - Odd Interlude (Odd Thomas, Book 10). (1/1)
- Laban, Elizabeth - The Tragedy Paper. (1/8)
- Meltzer, Brad - The Fifth Assassin. (1/15)
- Oates, Joyce Carol - Daddy Love. (1/8)
- Patterson, James - Private Berlin (Private, Book 4). (1/7)
- Rankin, Ian - Standing in Another Man's Grave (Inspector John Rebus, Book 18). (1/15)
- Robinson, Peter - Watching the Dark (Inspector Alan Banks, Book 20). (1/8)
- Rollins, James (with Rebecca Cantrell) - The Blood Gospel (Order of the Sanguines, Book 1). (1/8)
- Todd, Charles - Proof of Guilt (Inspector Ian Rutledge). (1/29)
- Woods, Stuart - Collateral Damage (Stone Barrington, Book 25). (1/8)
Posted by Amy Boyte | Labels: books