We believe that reading to children is a vital activity. Not only does it empower children to learn, it is also a tremendous bonding activity.
Every night, we read two books with Grace. Most night she begs for more! Grace would rather have a book to carry around than a toy. I hope that she will continue to have a love for books and reading. It will carry her well in her future.
Grace's bookshelf runs over. (Mommy has a weakness for book-buying.) I wanted to share a few of her favorites from over the past year.
1. Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Eric Carle
2. Sheep in a Jeep by Nancy Shaw
3. That's Not My Puppy by Fiona Watt
4. Baby Cakes by Karma Wilson
5. Goodnight Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann
6. Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
7. Do You Want to be My Friend? by Eric Carle
8. God Gave Us You by Lisa Tawn Bergren
9. ABC by Charley Harper
10. International Children's Story Bible by WORD Kids! Publishing