8.28.2008

9 Weeks, 4 Days

Dear Unborn Baby,

Today was our second opportunity to see you. You looked so peaceful lying there. Today your shape was much more obvious, and we got to see your little stumps of arms and legs. I stared at the monitor screen (and again, got a little teary), completely awed by your subtle movements.

You are now 2.59 cm long. Your heartbeat was amazingly strong, and this time one of the pictures they gave us has the charting of each beat.

The doctor changed your due date to March 29. Before they had given us a date range. Your father still thinks that you will be born on April Fool's Day.

I have gained a whopping 1 pound. I am pleasantly surprised by this, because I thought it would be at least 5 pounds since my belly is expanding enough that my pants are uncomfortable.

We cannot wait to find out if you are a boy or a girl. We still have a few weeks before we can find that out, but it has been fun to speculate. We know what your name will be if you are a girl. If you are a boy - well, let's just say we still have some more discussion on that. It's tradition in your dad's family to have juniors. I don't like this idea, and I believe I have convinced your dad about this now. You'll thank me in your teenage years.

We are still really, really scared. I think this is normal for all first-timers (and maybe even for some several timers), but 7 years of waiting for you makes us paranoid. We try so hard to be careful in everything that we do.

All our family is thrilled and cannot wait to meet you. You are going to be so loved.

Love,

Your Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful to see that this unborn baby is already loved so much - save these posts in a folder so you can give it to her/him in person one day. -Sasha