4.13.2011

Inspiration: Music

Hans Christian Anderson once said, "Where words fail, music speaks."

Music is inborn, capable of touching the soul of all people in all places.  Music is not bound by language barriers or constrained by social status.  We may not necessarily understand the sound, but we can translate the message that it brings.

To me, music is the ultimate artform, the ultimate inspiration.  Pieces like "Nessun Dorma" or "The Lord's Prayer" cover me with chills nearly every time the notes touch my ears.  Other notes, like the beginning bars of "Kashmir" bring a smile to my face.

I could go on and on, but instead, I will post just a few highlights from flickr, where the visual art meets the audible art in an understated-ly beautiful sort of way.

Flickr Roundup:







No comments: