12.12.2006

Five From My Playlist - 12/12/2006

From my Best of Christmas...

1. "O Holy Night" - David Phelps, featuring Anthony Burger on the piano. "Homecoming Friends - Christmas in the Country". This rendition of the beautiful Christmas classic gives me chills. David Phelps is certainly one of the most talented singers I have ever heard.


2. "The First Noel / Mary, Mary" - Sarah McLachlan. "Wintersong". Sarah's new album is fabulous. I love every song on there, but this one is my favorite.


3. "Mary Did You Know" - Mark Lowry. "Homecoming Friends - Christmas, A Time for Joy". This dramatic rendition by the songwriter of this modern classic is very impressive. This song also features Anthony Burger on the piano. Wow.


4. "Jesus the Light of the World" - Jessy Dixon. "Homecoming Friends - Joy to the World". I love the take on this spiritual carol.


5. "Merry Christmas, My Love" - Allison Durham Speer. "Homecoming Friends - Christmas, A Time for Joy". Allison wrote this beautiful Christmas love song.

No comments: