6.02.2008

Artist Spotlight: William Joseph

The piano stylings of William Joseph will completely enthrall you. I found this highly talented artist while searching for another.
I had the priviledge of hearing Lucia Micarelli perform "Kashmir" live in concert last year. Lucia is a violinist that tours with Josh Groban, and that performance was A. MAZ. ING. So, immediately after that concert, I began an obsessive hunt for the track of that song. It is not on her album, but after quite a bit of tracking, I found it. She recorded the track as a duet with a pianist I had never heard of - William Joseph - on his "Within" album. I really love that track - I even grabbed a clip from it as my ringtone.

Eventually, I went back bought the entire album, and I highly recommend it if you enjoy piano music.

William's "Within" album contains "Kashmir" as well as an incredible cover of "Dust in the Wind", but it contains a host of other great songs. Here is the track listing:
  1. Within
  2. Eternal
  3. Stella's Theme
  4. Butterflies And Hurricanes
  5. Ave Maria
  6. Kashmir (Featuring Lucia Micarelli)
  7. Homeward Bound
  8. Piano Fantasy
  9. Se Si Perde Un Amore
  10. Dust In The Wind (Featuring Garou)
  11. Grace
The tracks on his new album,"Beyond", released 5/20:
  1. Standing The Storm
  2. Beyond
  3. Leningrad
  4. Heroes
  5. Once Upon Love [Featuring David Foster]
  6. Kashmir
  7. Sweet Remembrance Of You
  8. Apasionada
  9. Return With Honor
  10. Cinema Paradiso
  11. Asturias [Featuring Jesse Cook]
  12. A Mother's Heart
Find out more about William here, and both albums are available at Amazon here.



No comments: